Thursday, October 18, 2007

Run, Annika, run!



Yesterday, I ran my first half marathon! At kilometre 6 I thought, "Ooo, it is going quite well, I don't have anything to do tonight, maybe I should give it a try". Then I just kept on running along derelict railway tracks and got to Queen's Wood and Highgate Forest. Beautiful in the afternoon sun, except that I got a bit lost and it got a bit too hilly for my liking.
For me, the best bit of a run is cracking the half-way point and just running back, that is when it gets really easy and enjoayable. Except on the knees and hips. All of them hurt a little bit today, but apart from that - GREAT. Must do it again! In fact, I really want to run a marathon now. Must find out if London still has places left for next spring. Could be good!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home