Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ein grünes Blatt






Ein grünes Blatt

Ein Blatt aus sommerlichen Tagen,
Ich nahm es so im Wandern mit,
Auf daß es einst mir möge sagen,
Wie laut die Nachtigall geschlagen,
Wie grün der Wald, den ich durchschritt.

Theodor Storm (1817-1888)


It is so lovely to run or cycle through the green fields and listen to the birds and bees and moskitos (the latter not so lovely). Feel the sun and the hot wind. I should take a green leaf with me, too, to remind me of the the beautiful summer in Luhdorf for when I am back in hot and sticky and not so green London.
Sometimes it is hard to believe that I like London so much, too, when all this nature makes me so happy that the grin on my face almost hurts my cheeks after a while.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home