Thursday, July 19, 2007

Bentheim und Tante Betse







When we arrived, there was a big cheese cake, butter cake (really lovely light yeast based dough with then lots of butter and sliced almonds on top), self-made biscuits and self-made sweet cones. Of course, I had to try all of them. Several times. Just to make sure they were as good as they always are.
Tante Betse seemed reasonably well. I showed her my animations I did for the MA, in which she and her siblings and my Onkel Walter, her husband, feature prominently. I think it made her happy and sad at the same time. Then on Saturday my granddad, whom she knew, too, died. We were very relieved that he did not have to suffer for a long time. But for Tante Betse it felt like she is the last one left now. I wish I could be with her for longer and not just on the phone all the time, I think she is lonely very often. Ahh, this must be globalisation taking its toll on Tante Betse and me. The world is NOT a village! Otherwise I would have cheese cake at her house more often.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home