From Edgeware Road to Richmond









Alex said to me "Surely, you are going to walk to Alice's, aren't you?". I had been walking to my job every morning, which took 60 minutes. So the plan was for me to walk all the way to Teddington (where the 'tide ends', never knew that was where the name comes from!). I walked through Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens (somehow I thought Hyde Park was smaller), along High Street Kensington (the most annoying bit, too many people on a Saturday afternoon!), then joined the river at Hammersmith and went all along the Thamse Path (past my friend Alex' house with his boat in front!) listening to podcasts on Emily's iPod (that bit was the nicest, along the river). I must have seen hundreds of birds: herons, ducks, cormorants drying their wings, swans and many others I don't know the names of.
Unfortunately, it started getting dark after three and a half hours when I reached Richmond, so I had to give up and take the bus to Teddington, where lovely Alice waited for me and cooked a delicious dinner. It was the perfect evening after such a cool afternoon of walking. Another perfect way to spend a Saturday.
Labels: birds, Hyde Park, Richmond, Thamse Path, walking

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home