Meer sehn
Der Junge mit der Gitarre – Meer sehn (Live in Wien 20.12.2002)
Ich würd so gerne das Meer sehn.
Würd so gern in die Weite sehn.
Möwen fliegen, ich bleib liegen.
Ich würd so gerne das Meer sehn.
Würd so gern in die Weite sehn.
Und ich lausche dem Rauschen.
Immer mehr sehn, mehr vom Meer sehn.
Immer mehr sehn, mehr vom Meer.
Immer mehr sehn, mehr vom Meer sehn.
Immer mehr sehn, immer mehr vom Meer sehn.
What a shame I really cannot translate this in a way that would do it justice. The play on words is just too good and I love the way he integrates the whole audience to make a sea-soundtrack for him. The song is about someone who would like to see the sea. I would like to see the sea. Right now. I would take my shoes off and walk in the bit where the sand gets wet and soft and if you stay in one spot your feet slowly sink in. And it is cold and wet but that doesn't matter.
Instead, my feet are underneath my desk in their Birkenstocks and woolen socks. (hey, that rhymes!) And it is alright. Just not the sea.
Little animation that I never finished because I couldn't find the right music and I didn't like the other 20 seconds of it. But this first bit, I thought was quite sweet with the seagulls.

1 Comments:
This is lovely - so cute the way the children pop up and pop back down again.
Great track too - it took me to last.fm to read about the junge with his guitar which made me wonder how things might have turned out for him if he'd set out just a couple of years later - when technology would have given him a chance to bypass the music industry. I hope he's still making music somewhere.
Post a Comment
<< Home