Sunday, April 22, 2007

Maybe next year?








Just come back from the Marathon. I didn't run it myself, but seeing it makes me think I really want to! What a challenge and what an experience on the day! It is amazing seeing all those determined people, some of them still looking really fresh, fit and comfortable running, others visibly knackered and struggling (admittedly, I was standing at the 22 mile mark (out of 26)). Amazing, as well, the top runners, who seem to be one big muscle and a few bones. They are so fast, it is unbelievable. How do they do it? I have no idea!
Just before where I was standing, they were giving out water, hence the wet street and bottles! A little further down just underneath Waterloo Bridge, they had this cool system, which allowed fans to cross the street without disturbing the runners. Quite a remarkable operation and difficult to explain!
I am still so full of the day's impressions. In my head I have already compiled my ultimate-marathon-iPod-playlist, should I ever do it. After today, the chances are a lot higher, definately!


One of my ultimate running tracks!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger cybercarter said...

Inspiring stuff! I’m glad you took a photo of the under-the-bridge crossing point – a mesmerising operation – a human contraflow-lock hybrid. I was so squashed I couldn’t take any photos – I needed both hands to make sure I didn’t poke anybody with the banner! I was standing in the central holding pen when The Prisoners trotted by – great image!

10:16 am  
Blogger Annika Stennert said...

Ahhh! I can imagine! Both the prisoners and the squashing, I was almost a bit stressed at that point, just goes to show, country girls can't cope with those masses of people...
Well done to Keith again! I didn't mention him in my entry, because I was too afraid, that maybe he really couldn't take part because of his back or so! I am so glad that he did it and so impressed!

9:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home