Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Truth be told!






I have just come back from the private view of our exhibition and it was so cool! I was always excited about putting up an exhibition, but I never imagined, just how good it would be to do it. I think I can get very excited about illsutartion and animation and anything that I find beautiful, but when it comes to my own work (feels weird to call it 'work', I tend to say 'things' or 'stuff' usually), I have real difficulties to be satisfied with it and to like it. Most of the time I just want to cringe when I look at it and to not look at it again.
I think for the most part it is seeing it in front of you (on the computer) every day, thinking that things need changing, that the background is too dark and that something is not cut out closely enough. Tonight made it really clear to me, that once in a while, it is good to stand back, accept what you've created, show it to other people, listen to what they have to say (which, thank God!, is almost always positive!) and acknowledge your own creativity. Putting things in proper frames with mounts helps lots, too.
It was a really amazing night and everyone was happy. Me especially. Thank you so much to all you lovely people who came to see me and the illustrations! That was the best bit, really, hearing all your cool comments! Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home