Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Remember you are dust


And to dust you will return.
I have just come back from church. Ashwednesday evening service. It was a really nice, quiet service with lotd of time to think. It's the ashes of last year's palm sunday palm leaves that we got put on our foreheads while being told that we are dust and to dust we will return. Standing there having someone say that to my face felt strange. And I had to think about all the little things that make me angry every day, the times when I think that things could be going so much better, or when get soo annoyed that I forgot to buy more oranges. What does that all matter, when I return to dust in the end anyway?
So I felt reminded of how much time I waste with irrelevant things. But to stop doing that not as uch anymore will take some practise. I suppose now that it's lent, it would be a good time to start!

When I got on the bus to go home, I noticed some people looking at me in a funny way, until I remembered why that was (my friends and me had this deal not to take the cross off until we got home). And then I thought, yeah, well, you, too, are dust and to dust you will return. I hope they make the best of their time in between. Just like me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home