Welcome to Gotthelf Leimbach's inside of the earth
Not a photo today, but an animation. I made this (with quite a lot of Andres' help) last night. Can't believe it took me until 3 in the morning. But it was so much fun, I wish I could do that for a living! (well, I'm working on that)
It is made up of two lino cuts that were inspired by members of my family. My great-grandfather Gotthelf Leimbach, who in 1919 founded a 'Company for the Exploration of the Earth', which I thought was quite unusual. The plane is a 1940 plane, maybe like one my great-uncle Heinz would have flown in the Second World War. Sadly, he died while doing that and I was never able to get to know him. I'd like to think, that maybe, he was happy up in the air.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home