Thursday, September 28, 2006

Vladimir Jurowski and Leonidas Kavakos


Oh, the joys of being a student! I got 'the best left over seat available' tonight. So I actually ended up sitting in a £35 seat having only paid £4. And the music! Absolutely amazing.
The London Philarmonic Orchestra. One of the pieces they played was Tschaikovsky's Violin Concerto in D. I had heard that a few times before on CD, you know, sitting in front of the computer, or tidying my room, that's when I usually listen to music. So it sort of goes in one ear and comes out of the other, not really having penetrated a lot of brain in the middle. Tonight was different. Seeing Leonidas Kavakos (I have to write this down one more time and maybe, maybe I will remember...) being totally taken over by the music and working so hard (he was shaking his head and jumping up and down so much, that at one point I was absolutely certain he would drop his glasses). 'Seeing' the crescendo is so different from just hearing it. And when the main theme took over in fortissimo, it was a real, physical relief from all the tension that had built up, even for me in the audience. Vladimir Jorowski was the conducter. He was cool, too. Very tall and energetic. But no tailcoat, what a shame!
I have decided that I must go more often. (I will only be a student for another year, after all)

1 Comments:

Blogger Annika Stennert said...

Juchuuu!
Ud ich auch! Wenn du alles herausgefunden hast! ist ja nicht so schwer! Hoffentlich geht es euch gut! Das Konzert war ausserordentlich. ich habe noch nie in meinem Leben jemanden so geigen gesehen. Wahnsinn!

Liebste Grüße von Deiner nicht ganz so alten Nichte!

10:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home